Wednesday 28 October 2009

New Machine!

I know I'm really lapse in my postings, again it's been about 3 weeks since I last wrote something in my blog. But I really haven't had much to write about lately. Life here is rather dull and boring, as I'm sure I've mentioned before.

I did take my embroidery machine to the Brother dealer that I mentioned in my last posting. They came to the conclusion that the machine was actually beyond repair. Now as you will know from previous postings I rely on my embroidery machine a great deal. I have been completely lost without it over the last few weeks. We made the decision to purchase a new machine. I am currently awaiting delivery of the fantastic Brother 4000. I am honestly like a child waiting for Christmas. I am so excited at the prospect of owning such a wonderful machine.

The facility that this new machine has compared to my 2100 is astronomical. Previously with my 2100 it was necessary to write all of the designs that I wanted onto a Brother memory card. When I needed a different design I had to override the designs were already on there. Due to the cost implication, I had no way of storing favourite / popular designs on memory cards for easy retrieval. This will become a thing of the past us with the new 4000 as this can be linked directly to a laptop containing my designs. The embroidery designs are sent directly to the new machine without the need to use the Brother memory card any longer.

Designs can also be stored on to a USB memory stick of which the price difference is extremely vast. A USB memory stick costs in the region of £8.00 or less, whilst a Brother memory card has a much higher cost at round £65.00!

If you would like to take a look of the details of my new machine you can do so at the following site … http://www.brother.co.uk/display.cfm/id/127000

I think that's about all for now, I've got a few craft fairs booked in during November. Once I get my new machine delivered, I will be an extremely busy bee getting all of the items embroidered ready to take with me.

Happy Crafting xx


 


 

1 comment:

  1. So where's the post about your great new machine then? How's the planning for the fairs, got much done? Check out my blog, I think you'll be surprised :O pmsl

    ReplyDelete