Thursday 9 April 2009

Blood Tears and Toil !

What a busy weekend I had. I was embroidering all day on Saturday and got quite a lot done. In between embroidery, I was on the laptop downloading hundreds of new designs. However when chatting to a friend (you know who you are!) I realised that I had spent way too much time at the laptop and machine over the past few weeks. So I decided to do something else. I picked up a book and started reading. Now, if I'm honest, I absolutely love reading, but never seem to have the time. When I start a book, I can't put it down and then I'm disappointed when I get to the end because it's all done. The book I started reading is one I purchased in Asda when I was shopping last week. It's one by Marian Keyes called 'This Charming Man'. I've read two of her books before so when I saw it on offer, I picked it up with eager anticipation. So far it hasn't disappointed at all, I'm loving every page...... yes all 883 of them! So far I'm about 3/4 of the way through it (yes since Sunday). I'll try and write a little review when I'm done.

Tuesday and Wednesday this week, I delivered pottery painting workshops which were fun as usual. When I've sorted out the boxes of painted items, I'll do a few 'before and after' shots with firing. It's amazing how the colours change when subjected to over 1000 degrees. I'm back next week delivering activities Mon-Thurs.

Today, I have been back at the machine again. I've embroidered flags galore! A customer wanted some bags to give as gifts at her Greek wedding. Therefore requested the Greek Flag. Personally, I think it's a great unique idea. The fact that time has been taken to obtain a personalised gift is something special. I hope she will love the items I have done for her.

Unfortunately, half way through one of the flags I had a little accident ... oops! Yes it was my own stupidity. I saw the end of the thread and decided to try and grab hold of it when the machine was running! I can see everyone reading now cringing at what comes next. Well, the screw used to tighten the needle came down full force twice on my index finger before I managed to hit the stop button, and has taken a nice little chunk out. However, being a true professional, and despite the fact that the air in here was as blue as the colour of the flags, I managed to continue the task at hand without dropping even the slightest little spot of blood on the item ... now how's that for dedication! LOL.

From my recent work, I have 9 PE / Tote bags sitting on the side with all of the embroidery and personalisation that are now waiting to be sewn together. This is my task for tomorrow as I need to go make tea and do some glazing soon. We're having toad in the hole with mashed potatoes and gravy .. yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment