Saturday 4 April 2009

Weekend Tasks To Complete

I tend to jot things on here during the day, hence one minute things are in the preparation stage and the next they're completed - sorry if anyone gets confused, but I will try and divide where I've come back later and added bits in. The way it saves having numberous postings on the same day.

Tasks I set myself for the weekend - to complete 3 laundry bags (one for each of us).

I thought that this would be a very easy task to do, but boy was I WRONG! Gen has just spent over an hour choosing the design that she would like on her bag. Then we spent another 20 minutes trying to find a nice font that I think would work with her super long name. Knowing my luck, when I start programming her name in it won't fit :-( Why didn't I name her Amy? It would have been a lot easier (and quicker) when embroidering LOL.


Gen has chosen a daisy design for the middle of her bag which is currently stitching on the machine, it should take around 50 minutes to complete this. The picture here is a screen image of the design - I think she's chosen well. She has also claimed the 'Mrs' Cute Monster design that I did yesterday. This will be on the reverse of her bag.





The next thing I need to do is choose a design for mine and Jon's bags - a womans work is never done is it LOL.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I was rather surprised at Jon's choice - he has asked for Yogi Bear. Again, the picture on the left is a screen shot. If I'm honest, I didn't even realise that I had any Yogi Bear designs until I did a search and found a folder full of them. He's chosen one complete with BooBoo. This design takes around 1hr 10 mins to stitch out! There are 13 colour changes within the design, only one colour is repeated throughout.





Two designs chosen ... one to go!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, what have I chosen? Hmmmmm, I haven't a clue yet lol. I can't decide between some beautiful flowers or butterflies. I can see my bag being full of all different embroidery designs. That's the beauty of having your own machine, it doesn't matter how much time it takes as it's my own to use so I don't have to calculate 'woman' hours into the costing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After hours and hours of deliberation, this is the design that I have chosen for my bag. This will take around 1 hour to stitch out. As it is rather a large design (only just fitting in my large hoop), it actually stitches out in two parts. Starting on the left, it stitches Perdy and the two puppies next to her. Then when complete, it stitches Pongo and the two remaining puppies. Fortunately however, it doesn't need rehooping inbetween.

The lines that can be seen on the design in red and black are 'jump' stitches where the machine 'jumps' from one area to another. These are cut off when the design is finished (newer machines cut them automatically whilst embroidering the design.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I'm going to get all of the sides embroidered before I stitch them together. I find it much easier this way as I don't have to keep attaching and detaching the embroidery unit of my machine.


I'll post photographs of the actual bags when I've completed them which will hopefully be tomorrow.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OMG - my dalmations were about 2/3 of the way through embroidering when a certain little madam decided to plug in her Nintendo DS which needed charging. To be fair, she did ask first. She plugged it into my extension and pressed the button to switch the charger on. At which point my machine went off argggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! The silence in the room was so LOUD. She just didn't know what to do or say, she stood there in horror crying 'I'm so sorry mum - I'm really sorry mum'. She was very lucky that I hadn't altered the size or orientation in any way from how it loaded onto the screen so it didn't take too much work to get it back to the position where it stopped.

Usually, I've got a few things on the screen, or I move them about or resize them, and it's almost impossible to get them back in the same place again. Her angel must have been watching over her!!!!

Alls well that ends well.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment