Monday 3 August 2009

Purses :-)

As some of you know, I've decided to do a craft fair over the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of August. I'm planning on making a few PE bags to sell on there, along with various other embroidered items. I realised in my planning that I didn't have many 'pocket money' items that children could purchase on their way around.

With this in mind, I purchased an 'in hoop' purse embroidery design. I was a little unsure when I downloaded the design - I hate instructions, those who really know me know that I would much rather do things, and look at instructions when I get stuck. But this needed careful reading as I had no idea where to start. I cut all my material to make a purse and set to sewing. WOW how easy they were to make. Once you've cut to the desired lengths, that's completely it. ALL of the hard work is done for you. There's even a little 'notch' to show you were to position the little 'money pockets'. I've made 16 of these today in various colours, some with little embroideries on the flap and some plain.

I really did enjoy making these, and hope that they will sell well at the craft fair.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely lovely, what a great pocket money item for the kids. Keep up the good work xxxx

    ReplyDelete